Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday - day trip

So today I got up at 7:30 with Sara and Julia while Dan slept in.  I got them dressed and fed (oat meal) and then when Dan got down here around 9 we were ready to go out for the day.

We wanted to take the tram to "den hage" to see two Vermeer paintings.  I am a big fan, and we even have to canvas reproductions in our dining room back at home in the USA.  The two they have are 1) view of delft, 2) girl with the pearl earring.

The tram ride was fun.  It was 2.50 euro each (kids free) and is like a tour really since you zip along the streets and can just enjoy looking out the window as the rails carry the tram forward.  I sat next to Sara this time, and Dan had Julia in the bjorn carrier.  Sara started in on all her questions, and I taught her how to read the computer screen to know where we were and the next stop.  That occupied her, and she also like looking out the window.  It was fun to share that time with her -our little traveler.  It took two teams to get us there about 1.5 hours door to door.

On the tram Sara said, "there will be a sign for a potty at the museum" so I got the hint that she wanted to head there when we could.  She also asked for a snack.  So when we got off in front of them museum all the other people (we were literally the only ones with kids) got inline for the museum, and we went to the museum cafe as our first stop.  It was a great choice.  Sara got to go to the bathroom, and our meal was fresh, hot, tasty, outside, and even relaxing.  I nursed julia then put her in the bob stroller to recline and play with her toys,and Sara ate like a lady with us.  It started to rain, but that added to the fun since we were under an awning and we just watched the raindrops decorate the patio and the water pool that was nearby.

Once fortified, we paid our 13 euro each to go inside the museum.  It was nice, and Julia was perfect. Sara was a bit of a goof, but did better when I said that she would get no new apps for the iPad for 10 days if she was a goof.  I spotted one of the paintings, "view of deft" and loved it.  Great to see it in person after seeing it other ways.  I couldn't find "girl with pearl earring" so I asked where it was and the answer was "Japan" .  Oh well.  We found out it will tour the USA in 2013 so maybe we can see it then.

We took the tram back.  Sara was delighted with all these fun rides.  Julia was a perfect quiet baby, just looking around as we travel - what a good baby!

Once Dan started working I relaxed with Sara and Julia for an hour , just being with them.  Then we went out to some toy stores and a market for some vegetables/salad stuff.  In the evening we got some ice cream (Sara loves chocolate ice cream) and I got a fresh hot off the waffle oven waffle.  Oh boy!!M. Delicious!  Dan took a dinner break and we went to de v for dinner.  We got there 5:50 before the kitchen opened at 6:00, but it filled up fast so I was glad we got there when we did.  Dan had the day special, a chicken dish, and I had a chicken satay with peanut sauce, a salad, and fries.  It was only 23 euro.  The place was right down the canal from us so we zipped back here and Dan went back to telecommunting while I got Julia, then Sara to bed.

I hear the bells ruining and see the lights glistening I. The canal when I look out the window.  A man is strolling passed the fish market.  Three ducks are swimming in the canal.  It is pretty.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment