Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday - Market day; Great Lunch; Easy Evening

Morning
We kept the morning easy, I was up at 6:10, Dan got up around 10. Went to the market lining the streets - didn't buy anything.  We aren't in buying mode since we are leaving on Saturday.  It is just as much fun to look, just stroll, and Sara found it just as much fun to skip between market vendors with the energy provided by her breakfast and her young self.  Julia looked around at everything, clutching her favorite minnie mouse doll - and eating pieces of bread.  She isn't happy unless she has two pieces of bread, one for each hand.

Lunch
Ever on the look-out for a place to eat, we found several good candidates today.  Ended up at a place with "the best pizza in Lausanne."  I went in at 11:00 to see if they have a high chair (a necessity for a successful meal) and they did.  I asked what time they started serving pizza and she told me 11:45.  No language barrier when you gesture and smile.  

With about 45 minutes to wander around we found a different part of the market.  There are such great cheese stalls here - with more cheese varieties than I can count.  I wish I knew more about what to ask for since certainly there are some unique and special cheeses here - if you know what you are buying.  

I went into a toy shop (I rarely go into a shop, but I wanted to and Dan toured around a square with the kids - ending up with Sara up on his shoulders).  I got the kids a tube with colored pencils inside.  It had a built in pencil sharpener.  My thought was it would remind us of the trip since so many restaurants gave them colored pencils to draw with while we ate.

Back at the restaurant, they remembered us, gave us a table, a high chair, some kid books, kid forks, kid spoons, kid plates, and it was the most kid friendly meal.  We did get pizza.  One plain and one had a corn meal crust.  Certainly totally home made in then fired in the wood oven.  The meal was tasty, friendly, and happy.  They have many other things besides pizza. One lady got a quarter pineapple served with a large salad on the side.  Looked unique.  We may even go back there, just to try something else and have another nice meal together.

Afternoon/Evening
We took it easy.    After our day trips and a lot of recent walking we used today to recharge our batteries  We went in an arcaded mall, went past St. Francis, and got back here in time to avoid some rain.  

Had pork chops, beans, and rice for dinner.  Did some play doh.  Then went out with Sara and Julia to buy some ice cream.  I could not pay 12 SF for a pint, so ended up buying a nice ice cream cake for 5.20 - and it was more fun!

Julia went to sleep in two seconds at bedtime (6:00 PM) and Sara and I did Physics for a while before time for her to sleep.  She has been quiet too - we are wearing them out!

Quote of the day
Sara: "Mom, when Grandpa comes to visit, I leave pictures of jet planes around so he will find them and like them."
(I thought that was an interesting thing for her to say!)

--
Sara: "Mom, I love Julia more than I love dandelions."
---
END
Happy Birthday! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment